We have a class for you.
Whether you are starting a new business, want to add babywearing instruction to your existing services, or share with your community, CBWS is for you.
At CBWS, we have unparalleled insight into the unique needs of teaching babywearing to individuals and groups. It doesn't matter whether your focus will be exclusively on babywearing or you will be adding babywearing for your existing clientele, we have a babywearing consultant training that will help you build the skills you need to be successful.
What sets CBWS trainings apart?
Over 1000 educators have benefitted from our systematic approach to babywearing education.
Small Class Size
Course enrollment is capped at 15-25 students to ensure you get a personalized experience.
Create a framework for incorporating babywearing education into your current work or in a new business.
Some of the information you'll learn in our Foundations training:
- Technical use of the carriers most popular in today’s market
- How to help families find the carriers that work best for their needs
- The art of teaching parents how to use or troubleshoot their baby carrier
- How to create a trauma-informed positive learning environment
- Summaries of relevant research to help you understand the science of infant touch and development and its relation to infant carrying
- Core principles to guide you as you meet each new parent
- The art of “sensitive listening” and how to apply it during babywearing consultations
- Best practices in infant positioning for both ergonomics and optimal physiological support
- How to address questions about babywearing safety in a clear and factual way
Kind words about CBWS
"Having extensive experience in Child Development myself, I was a bit concerned that a lot of the information would be repetitive for me. However, there was some amazing information presented that was completely new and incredibly useful for me and my work. I will definitely check out the other opportunities for learning from CBWS."
Kimberly Smith, Hugging Hazel
"I appreciate Joanna more than you can know! I have gained so much insight into how I can become better at being patient and understanding and becoming a better listener."
“The Foundations Training is for EVERYONE looking to become a better babywearing consultant. Joanna explains everything in details and is always there if there any doubts. Her practical guidance is awesome. The biggest tangible change I noticed sine attending is a better understanding of all types carriers especially ring slings and back carries”
Charul Jain, GroovaRoo India
"It's important to know that Joanna is highly skilled and knowledgeable about her work and is generous with the participants. The value of this training cannot be overstated. The tools, resources, videos, downloads, in addition to the online classes are all really excellent. I looked forward to the homework and the classes (and I don't usually feel that way). I would recommend this class to Attachment Parenting leaders and La Leche League leaders (I am both of these), as well as nurses, pediatricians, hospitals, IBCLCs, caregivers, and anyone serving families with infants and toddlers."
Samantha Gray, Executive Director of API
Our Foundations in Babywearing Education course is eligible for Continuing Education Credits from CAPPA, DONA, and Lamaze, and may qualify for other organizations as well.