Newborn Babywearing Training (Foundations Grads Special Discount)
Working with new parents, parents-to-be, and caregivers is rewarding. It also continuously evolves and you have to keep up with all the latest aspects of your job!
Babywearing is not just a trend it is an essential tool in assisting the caregiver and the baby as they adjust to the new reality of life outside of the womb. Use a newborn babywearing specialty to make your work more impactful for those you serve.
- More parents are buying carriers.
- More parents plan to use their carriers in the early weeks.
- Parents expect babywearing to be easy.
- Parents expect you to know how to use all the carriers.
The sheer number of options available can be overwhelming to both you and your clients!
On our last trip to local big box stores, we found over 15 different carriers in a heavily picked over carrier section. The online sites had even more! Go to a store that specializes in carriers, and you could easily find 40+ carriers! It seems like each month there is a new carrier out on the market.
How do you keep up?
We are here to demystify babywearing for you! Who is this course for?
This course was created with you in mind. You, the Foundation's graduate, who has to keep up to date on so many aspects of your work.
Why Newborn Babywearing?
This unique time period deserves some special consideration, especially when adding a carrier or sling to the mix. If you don't work with newborns in carriers every day, then we know it can be challenging.
This course is designed to give you the confidence to speak about babywearing and baby carriers in a clear and concise way. Just as your clients would expect.
Your clients have done some research; enough to know if you know your stuff. Let me build that language for you!
In this fun and interactive course you will:
- Have access to pre-recorded video to watch on your time schedule.
- Have a Virtual Live session scheduled bi-monthly, where you can ask questions, explore new carriers, and hear how others are using this material in their work.
- Have a greater understanding of babywearing.
- Be able to speak to why there are so many options, and how they may fit each person differently.
- Explore the transition to the world from the baby's point of view and how the carrier can support the new family during this transition.
- Walk away understanding how to incorporate babywearing for clients with concerns such as diastasis recti, pelvic floor, or hand issues.
- You will have a troubleshooting script and setup for the most common carriers you encounter to make certain your clients are comfortable and build your confidence around these issues.
- You will practice your language around introducing your clients to carriers and assisting them.