As we wait for an industry-wide accepted certification, we 'certify' those graduates of our program who complete the additional steps required. We have an outlined set of parameters that must be met in order to qualify for the 'certification.' Successfully completing our Foundations Course is the first step to becoming a Certified Babywearing Consultant. At the conclusion of your training, you will be considered a Trained Babywearing Consultant*, and will be offered the opportunity to finalize your Certification by completing a few additional steps.
There are 7 steps to achieving Certification:
- Completing all Pre-class homework.
- The "Consultation Concept" must be developed and finished by review time during the last day of class.
- Consultant must show mastery of teaching technique for 15 carrying positions, plus knots during the "group skills assessment."
- Successful completion of the final quiz at end of class.
- Complete 75 contact hours within two years from course date.
- A valid CPR card. We recommend the American Heart Association.
- Valid insurance. The insurance part scares people sometimes, but it's very affordable ($60-$110 a year) and easy to buy. During the class we will provide the information to make it easy. For most Americans their home insurance will not cover them if they are outside of the home and this coverage is really about CYA. Many people who already do postpartum work will likely have both the insurance and CPR card.
*Any participant who misses more than 40 minutes of class time will be required to re-take the Foundations Course, at their expense, if they wish to be considered a Trained Babywearing Consultant.